Water Wells – the MAGHARIBI WATER AID PROJECT(a Kenyan NGO)
Identifying needs, setting priorities, and providing safe water sources involve many steps.
- Receiving applications from schools, churches, villages, tribal units, and community-based organizations.
- Evaluating and selecting which requests have most merit.
- Identifying existing water supply issues
- Quantity and quality of existing water supply
- Health related issues associated with the existing supply
- Evaluating supply alternatives
- Is spring enhancement an alternative?
- Is filtration of an existing surface supply a viable alternative?
- Are there existing wells available that could be restored?
- Is a drilled well the best answer?
- Drilling or Restoring and Equipping Water Wells
- Organizing the user community to be responsible for the well once it is completed.
- Performing Sanitation Training so that the users will keep the water safe once they bring it home.
- Dedication of the completed well over to the user community.